Foundation Teaching And Schedule
Stop by our newest location in Sacramento, please call for an appointment 1-877-610-9038
Ron’s 2017 schedule is as follows please scroll down ... 2018 Foundation class will begin January 13, 2018 and then thereafter pretty much once a month until September. If for some reason you need to miss a class, you need to schedule with Ron during the previous week or weeks after to make up the class. Each class builds upon what you have already learned.
2018 Foundation Training and Schedule for your calendar
Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions regarding the classes and dates below. You can contact us for availability and to reserve your slot. 1-877-610-9038
* Tuesday November 28th, 2017 at the American Bonsai Associations, Sacramento’s Shepard Garden and Arts Center, located at 3300 McKinley Blvd. Sacramento, CA. Ron was asked to be their Guest Speaker for November and will be doing a Japanese Black Pine Demonstration and talk* One hour Prior to the meeting Ron will help people with their Japanese Black Pines from 6 until 7. Then at 7 he will begin his talk and Demonstartion. The Demonstration tree will be raffled off after the demo. Here is a link to their website and newsletter ...
Next Foundation Training Session starts ... January 13, 2018
1. January 13, 2018 - Class # 1, 9 AM to 2 PM Winter to Spring bonsai care, Bonsai Basics (One) classes begin
2. January 20th, 2018 class is an 8 hour class for fourth year students and test (2) Fourth Year Student Submergence
3. January 21th, 2018 class is an 8 hour class for fourth year students and test (2) Fourth Year Student Submergence
4. January 26th set up BIB, 27th, 28th 2018, Bay Island Bonsai Show Lakeside Garden Center, 666 Bellevue Ave, Oakland Fourth Year Student Submergence
5. February 17th, 2018 - Class # 2, 9 AM to 2 PM Winter to Spring bonsai care, Bonsai Basics (One)
6. March 17th, 2018 - Class # 3, 9 AM to 2 PM Winter to Spring bonsai care, Bonsai Basics (One)
March 11th Daylight savings time!!
Next Foundation Training Session starts ... Spring to Summer Bonsai Training
7. April 21st, 2018 - Class # 4, 9 AM to 2 PM Spring to Summer bonsai care, Bonsai Basics (One)
8. May 19th, 2018 - Class # 5, 9 AM to 2 PM Spring to Summer bonsai care, Bonsai Basics (One)
9. June 23rd, 2018 - Class # 6, 9 AM to 2 PM Spring to Summer bonsai care, Bonsai Basics (One)
*Next Foundation Training Session starts ... Summer to Fall/Winter Bonsai Training
10. July 28th, 2018 - Class # 7, 9 AM to 2 PM Spring to Summer bonsai care, Bonsai Basics (One)
11. August 18th, 2018 - Class # 8, 9 AM to 2 PM Spring to Summer bonsai care, Bonsai Basics (One)
12. September15th, 2018 - Class # 9, 9 AM to 2 PM Spring to Summer bonsai care, Bonsai Basics (One)
Who are these classes for? These classes are for groups or individuals who have a demanding job, career, marriage, school, kids, animals and or lifestyle where they can not commit to out of town, out of state classes or extended away time. We will focus on Bonsai basics through hands on and classroom activities. You will study not only tree specific information, but how to apply these techniques for proper tree growth. We will start with trees in training and work our way to trees that you can put in a show. You will leave this foundation teaching with the ability, and understanding of how to apply these techniques to your own bonsai collection. Each class is around five hours long that includes lunch. Courses are 3 sessions long and cover a season. There are a total of 9 half day sessions at your own pace, classes are usually once a month. The ultimate goal in all of these training sessions is optimal tree health and the ability to read and correctly train any bonsai tree. Students may begin Foundation training any time of year Winter. Spring or Fall. As soon as the student finishes one course they can begin the next with focus being on seasonal care. No more than 8 students per session. Please bring your own tools. Since space is limited sign up in advance to reserve your spot. To receive a Foundation Graduation Course Certificate you must complete 6 years of 12 half day courses total, plus complete a 6 all day courses on show preparation, display and appreciation of space.
Ron’s belief is to find a “growing” teacher, someone who still takes classes from other Bonsai masters.
Ron has studied with John Thompson for over nine years now and will continue his ongoing training with John. Ron finished his intensive three year study with world renowned bonsai artist and teacher Boon Manakitivipart in October of 2013. Ron is one of the few to have ever completed this course in the 19 years of Sensei Boons teaching. Ron will continue to study with both teachers as often as possible. Ron began his own Foundation teaching course in January of 2013. He loves to work on all varieties of bonsai, but especially loves the Japanese black pine and juniper species and has found a way to make them thrive.
Ron would love to help you start on your bonsai journey. He is available for teaching, one on one classes, Demonstrations, Lectures or bonsai talks, Study groups, Wiring and styling and Maintenance on your bonsai or collection.